An unexpected by-product of the 2013 Wellness Conference was the incredible generosity and goodwill extended by so many colleagues toward the NMHPV. Many delegates offered to spread the word about this unique organisation on their return to work.
As a result of this groundswell we have instigated the ‘NMHPV Champion’ initiative. On behalf of our team I would like to invite you to contact us to express an interest in becoming a ‘NMHPV Champion’.
The roles of the ‘Champion’ include:
• Promoting the functions of the NMHPV within your organisation;
• Disseminating information about the NMHPV to wards, departments, units or groups of nurses/midwives within your organisation;
• Being prepared to identify yourself as a ‘friend’ of the NMHPV who is able to speak with confidence about our referral pathways;
• Explaining the reasons why a colleague may decide to contact the NMHPV;
• Distributing our promotion material throughout your organisation.
By becoming a ‘NMHPV Champion’ you will be helping to promote the benefits of good health and the importance of seeking help early. You will also have access to NMHPV staff for support in managing any challenges you may face in the role.
Living and working outside of Melbourne is NOT an impediment. In fact we welcome interest from Victorian regional and rural based nurses and midwives! Colleagues from outside of Victoria are welcome to contact us to discuss the program.
So how do you get involved?
Simply complete the online form to register your interest and we'll record your details and invite you to our next NMHPV Champion Training event.